Item Analysis Report
This article will guide you through how to access and read the Item Analysis Report for an assessment.
To locate an assessment report, click on either the Reports Tab at the top of all pages or the View Reports tile from the landing page. Both will take you to the main reports page.
Accessing the Item Analysis Report
- Click on the Reports tab.
Click View Report on the Item Analysis Report tile.
- Use the search bar to locate the assessment for which you'd like to view the report.
Once located, click the Select button next to the assessment.
Using the Item Analysis Report
- Change Assessment: If you wish to re-run this same report, but using a different assessment, click the Change Assessment button and select the new assessment from the modal. This feature will allow you to select a different assessment for the Item Analysis Report.
- Filter Report Data: The report will automatically populate with all students who took the assessment (based on user visibility within Classify Learning). If you wish to filter the assessment data and only view results for a specific school, teacher, etc., use the Filter Report Data option. Filter options will drop down from the top of the screen.
- Response Distribution Percent Correct: This portion of the report will show the most missed questions on the test and the associated percent of students who got the question correct. Note that clicking on the question number will pull up a modal with the corresponding itembank question for review.
- Multiple Choice Response Distribution: This portion of the report will list all multiple-choice and multi-select questions. Each possible response is listed as a column along with the number of students who selected that response below. The correct answer to the corresponding question is bold and in green. Clicking on the number of students in a column will reveal a modal listing the students who chose that possible response. This portion of the report is helpful in analyzing distractors. For example, it would be easy to see if the correct answer is A, but the majority of students answered B.
- Score Value Distribution: This portion of the report lists all non-multiple choice questions and rubric questions, the corresponding number and percentage correct on each, and the number of students who received each available rubric score.