Matrix Comparison Report
This article will guide you through how to access and read the Matrix Comparison Report for two assessments. This report will allow you to identify trends in student movement from one assessment to another.
To locate an assessment report, click on either the Reports Tab at the top of all pages or the View Reports tile from the landing page. Both will take you to the main reports page. On the Reports landing page, select Matrix Comparison Report:
In the pop-up screen, select the TWO assessments you'd like to compare: The report components are below:
- Assessment Matrix: This portion of the report shows the number of students who are specifically moving from one level to another. The bottom (x-axis) of the report indicates the performance levels on the pre-test. The left side of the report (y-axis) indicates the performance levels on the post-test. The white diagonal line of cells (bottom left to top right) indicates the students who remained at the same level from one assessment to the next. In the example above, one student was a level 3 on the pre-test and also a level 3 on the post-test. All green cells indicate the number of students who increased at least one performance band level from the pre-test to the post-test. All red cells indicate the number of students who decreased at least one performance band level from the pre-test to the post-test. Clicking on one of the numbers in the cells will show the specific students indicated.
- Sankey Diagram: This portion of the report is a visual representation of the movement from one assessment to the next. The left side corresponds to the pre-test and the right side corresponds to the post-test. Follow the paths from left to right to see the number of students who moved from one level to the other. Wider bands indicate more students moving between the same two levels. Clicking on one of the bands will list the students who fall into that band:
- Performance Level Percent Changes: This portion of the report shows the changes in number and percent of students who fell into each corresponding performance band level for the pre- and post-test.
- Change Assessments: Use this option to select different tests to compare growth.
- Filter Report Data: The report will automatically populate with all students who took the assessment (based on user visibility within Classify Learning). If you wish to filter the assessment data and only view results for a specific school, teacher, etc., use the Filter Report Data option. Filter options will drop down from the top of the screen.