Item Analysis Report
This article will guide you through how to access and read the Item Analysis Report for an assessment.
To locate an assessment report, click on either the Reports Tab at the top of all pages or the View Reports tile from the landing page. Both will take you to the main reports page. On the Reports landing page, select Item Analysis Report:
Click Select next to the assessment you'd wish to use for the Item Analysis Report:
From here, you can view the report:
- Results Tab: The assessment reports can always be accessed within a specific assessment as well via the Results tab. This will automatically take you to the Overview Report. The report can be selected using the Additional Reports dropdown from here.
- Change Assessment: If you wish to re-run this same report, but using a different assessment, click the Change Assessment button and select the new assessment from the modal. This feature will allow you to select a different assessment for the Item Analysis Report.
- Filter Report Data: The report will automatically populate with all students who took the assessment (based on user visibility within Classify Learning). If you wish to filter the assessment data and only view results for a specific school, teacher, etc., use the Filter Report Data option. Filter options will drop down from the top of the screen.
- Response Distribution Percent Correct: This portion of the report will show the most missed questions on the test and the associated percent of students who got the question correct. Note that clicking on the question number will pull up a modal with the corresponding itembank question for review.
- Non-Rubric Response Distribution: This portion of the report will list all multiple-choice and multi-select questions. Each possible response is listed as a column along with the number of students who selected that response below. The correct answer to the corresponding question is bold and in green. Clicking on the number of students in a column will reveal a modal listing the students who chose that possible response. This portion of the report is helpful in analyzing distractors. For example, it would be easy to see if the correct answer is A, but the majority of students answered B.
- Rubric Response Distribution: This portion of the report lists all rubric items, the corresponding number and percentage correct on each, and the number of students who received each available rubric score.