Creating Performance Bands (Premium Feature)
A default performance band is applied to each assessment in Classify Learning. Below is an example. This help document will guide you through the process of creating a new performance band to be used on a particular assessment. Please note that this is a Premium feature.
Note: School districts that purchase Classify Learning have the option of updating this default performance band to match district initiatives. Reach out to your customer success manager for more information on updating the default performance band for your school district.
To create a new performance band and apply it to be used on your assessment,
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Assessments tab.
- Click Performance Bands
The window below lets you create your new performance band:
- Name - give a descriptive name for your performance band
- Description - optional field to describe your performance band
- Access Level - this is locked to Private for Premium users, but school district custom accounts are able to make performance bands available to other users within the district
- Color - choose the color descriptor for each performance band level. Click on the actual color and the color options will become available to choose from. Note that this will dictate the color bands within the corresponding assessment reports.
- Minimum Value - select the range for each corresponding band. For the example below, any student score that falls between 75 and 90 will be shown as green in performance reports.
- Label - the descriptor for each performance band level. This will also be displayed on all corresponding assessment reports.
- Mastery - check the box next to the performance band levels that will be considered mastery on this assessment.
- Delete - Delete any un-needed performance band level.
- +Add a Definition - If you'd like to add an additional performance level band. For example, if you want to have five levels instead of four.
- Click Save.
If you want to learn how to apply the newly created performance band to an assessment, click here.